Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I WON!!!!!


I am so totally excited!!! I won Lorie's blog candy at The ThINKin' Spot!! How awesome is that??


I've been MIA for the last couple of weeks. I've been really busy cranking out Christmas presents. I'll start posting them this week since some of them are actually complete now. I have a bad habit of getting half way through something and then having a brainstorm and starting something else so I don't forget.

I hope that everyone had a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Ours was wonderful! Afterall we have so much to be thankful for. I'm a couple of days late with this but here goes. I'm thankful that Anthony is home even though the possiblity of a deployment looms. I'm thankful our two girls are healthy and happy. I'm thankful for our friends that are always there for us no matter how far apart we are. I have the greatest friends anyone could ask for that have helped me through some of the darkest days and celebrated with me through the happiest . So Margaret, Jodi, Jessica, and Rachel.....I love ya'll.
We enjoyed a catered Thanksgiving lunch with Anthony's family. The girls just love being with their cousins Margie and Olivia.
(Olivia, Clara, Margie and Rhalynn)

And their Grandpa and Grandma.
(Margie, Clara, Grandpa Monty, Grandma Teresa, Rhalynn and Olivia)

Then of course on Friday I was up and shopping at 4:00am. One of the perks about going Black Friday shopping in a small town is the lack of massive crowds. My in-laws live near Athens, Ohio where there isn't many stores but you are almost guaranteed to get what you want. I got some great deals and had a blast with my mother-in-law. She even bought herself the blue expression from Walmart.


Saturday was my Mother-in-laws annual Cookie day. We spent four hours making cookies, fudge, buckeyes and all sort of tasty stuff. Most of ours went to Anthony's office so that I didn't eat it all. Santa even came to visit!! The girls didn't even know that it was Anthony. Rhalynn was so excited when he came in the door it was too cute.


Rhalynn and Santa

Clara on the other hand headed for the first lap she could find and promptly hid her face. I'm suprise that she even sat in his lap. She went last out of 12 kids so I think that might have helped.

Clara and Santa
It was a blessed Thanksgiving and a wonderful holiday weekend!!
I hope that every one has a wonderful Wednesday!!
**Hugs**
Melissa














2 comments:

  1. Awwww, Melissa! What a lovely family you have. CONGRATULATIONS on my blog candy win! I'm thrilled for you. I'm packing it all up this evening, so you should have it soon! Merry Christmas to you and yours, and many happy blessings!

    Love and hugs,
    Lorie

    P.S. - Your blog is great, and I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning, it's a great candy you got! Cute pics by the way, I can't believe they didn't notice it was Tony!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments thanks for leaving one.