Friday, April 8, 2011

Subway art I {heart} you!

Welcome on this rainy Friday here in Ohio!  On a happier note my house smells like cupcakes!

Today I have a wonderful new obsession of mine....SUBWAY ART!!  I'm in love and I've done several but this was my first and largest so farv (I have many more planned).  It is a 16x20" canvas and it looks fabulous on my wall.  I found different fonts that I like and cut them on my Cricut using the Make The Cut software.  I used all of our names, states that we've lived in, important dates, and words and phrases that describe our family.  Some of the paint seeped on the left side but I still love it so much I often just stare at it...lol.

I'm working on perfecting the 11x14" size right now before I do another large one.  I'll show you those next week.


Don't for get to stop by the Roberts Arts and Crafts blog to enter the Roberts Crafts Freebie Friday Giveaway!  They are giving away three cricut cartridges today!

I have a little request.  I don't usually do this but I'm asking for those of you who pray to keep my home town and the surrounding area in your prayers.  I'm from Knox City, Texas, a little town barely a dot on the map.  There is a huge wildfire heading towards them from Stonewall country Texas.  The last I was updated Thursday night it had already burned more than 50,000 acres and had not been contained.  Please help me by praying for rain that they so desperately need and for the winds to die down.  Pray for the firefighters who've been fighting this fire and others like it all across the state.

Have a fabulous Friday!!

Melissa

3 comments:

  1. This is very cool Melissa, can I say again how amazing you are with that Cricket of yours! The projects you come up with are just fantastic and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Audrey's blog sidebar ~ this is very cool!!! I am going to bookmark this in case I try one so I can link back to you!

    Praying for rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im with Lori above.Saw this on Audrey's blog. I love subway art and yours turned out really cool. Prayers for your hometown.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments thanks for leaving one.